Sister Emmanuel recently released her monthly report about Medjugorje. She spread Our Lady messages to the world through her roman catholic missionary organization enfantsdemedjugorje.fr.
- On July 2, 2018 Mirjana received her monthly apparition…
- The Anointing of the Sick…
- Head-on clash between a Buddhist and the Living God…
- A great disciple of Christ,…
- Christmas Eve…
- Mgr. Hoser arrived in Sarajevo…
- After the summer…
- At home, pray the Rosary on Apparition Hill…
Medjugorje, July 10, 2018
Dear children of Medjugorje, praised be Jesus and Mary!
On July 2, 2018 Mirjana received her monthly apparition at the Blue Cross, surrounded by a large crowd of pilgrims. Here is the message that Mary addresses to everyone:
“Dear children, I am the mother of all of you and, therefore, do not be afraid because I hear your prayers. I know that you seek me and that is why I am praying to my Son for you, my Son who is united with the Heavenly Father and the Holy Spirit – the Paraclete – my Son who leads souls to the Kingdom from where He came, the Kingdom of peace and light. My children, you are given the freedom to choose, but, as a mother, I implore you to choose the freedom for the good. You, with pure and simple souls comprehend-even if sometimes you do not understand the words-and within yourselves you feel what the truth is.
My children, do not lose the truth and true life so as to follow the false one. By life in truth, the Kingdom of Heaven enters into your hearts, and that is the Kingdom of peace, love and harmony.
Then, my children, there will not be the selfishness which distances you from my Son. There will be love and understanding for your neighbors. Because, remember, again I repeat to you, to pray also means to love others, your neighbors, and to give yourself to them. Love and give in my Son, and then He will work in you and for you. My children, ceaselessly think of my Son and love Him immeasurably and you will have true life, and that will be for eternity. Thank you, apostles of my love.”
You may watch the apparition here: https://youtu.be/PH7KhM0JWpg
2. The Anointing of the Sick. During a mission in Asia in 2011, I participated in a Mass during which the priest offered us the Sacrament of the Sick. As I had a problem with my cervical vertebra (upper spine) so I went forward, and after I received the Sacrament, I was healed. This pain never came back.
Many people come to Medjugorje or Lourdes to ask Heaven for a healing. Many also pray for this intention. They are often willing to travel thousands of miles in order to meet a priest with a special gift, or even a “healer”, to have their prayers answered.
They forget that Christ Himself has left us a special Sacrament for the sick in which all His power unfolds, as it did in the time of His preaching: the Anointing of the Sick. Some are healed after receiving this Sacrament, others are given the strength to bear their suffering with Jesus.
This Sacrament, which for a long time was called the Last Rights, is not just for the dying! Given its rightful place after the Second Vatican Council, it is offered to all those who suffer from a physical or psychic illness. This Sacrament is given along with the Sacrament of Reconciliation – a good confession with renunciation of sin – and the Eucharist, two Sacraments that can also bring healing.
To anoint the sick, priests use the Oil of the Sick. All parishes have the in store this Oil of the Sick and it is desirable for this Sacrament to become better known to the faithful, and received more often. Let’s not wait for the patient to be dying in agony before we offer it! Of course, the Blessed Mother willingly prays to her Son to heal us, but why not ask first for the Sacrament that He Himself offers us through His Church? (See PS1)
3. Head-on clash between a Buddhist and the Living God Who is Mike Lim? Of Chinese origin, this man lived in Singapore. His faith was that of a convinced Buddhist, and he was fiercely anti-Catholic. Despite this, he had a good heart and loved his family dearly.
His older sister, Violet, had been severely ill since her teenage years and her illness was incurable. Violet had to undergo a large number of operations. This was all done in vain as the illness and the pain were only getting worse: a real family nightmare. Mike could no longer stand to see her suffer like that, stuck in her wheelchair, without being able to help her. He had tried everything and was desperate.
In June 1995, moved by so much suffering, a Catholic friend, Rose, dared to suggest to him that he take his sister to a Mass followed by a charismatic prayer of healing. After first refusing categorically, Mike felt he had nothing to lose and relented. Once in the church, he felt uncomfortable, as this kind of prayer seemed ridiculous to him. But during the prayer that followed the Mass, Rose, moved by the Spirit, whispered in his ear, “Come on, Mike! Ask Jesus to heal your sister!”
Willing to ‘play the game’ for the sake of his sister, Mike went for it, and, for the first time in his life he addressed this unknown God: “Jesus, if you make her walk, I will believe in you!”
Then, out of the blue, he saw the priest heading straight to Violet, laying his hands on her for a moment, in prayer. Then, with authority, out loud, the priest told her, “Now stand up!” And that was the moment when the impossible became reality… Mike’s eyes opened wide! He saw Violet slowly getting up from her wheelchair, then walking, then running, and finally dancing in the church! Mike was absolutely stunned and moved to the very depths of his being! He couldn’t help crying out, “My Goodness! He is alive! He is real!” Then he began to weep and sob, as he kept on repeating the same words: “He is alive! He’s real!”
On that day his entire life turned upside down. This anti-Catholic was now eager to know everything about Jesus and the Catholic faith. He discovered the Bible and devoured it from A to Z in two months. He would read it for hours a day, like a thirsty man who has finally found the living water that quenches his thirst. His soul wanted the living God so much!
He was baptized, as was his whole family. He entered seminary at the age of 38, and is now a priest of Jesus Christ in an Australian Catholic parish. He always says to his parishioners: “It took me 35 years to find the Living God, but you received Him from your childhood! And you want to get rid of Him? Listen to me: “Never abandon Him!”
This same Mike Lim, who became Father Mikael, visited us recently in Medjugorje. He is also the one who gave us the Anointing of the Sick in Singapore in 2011, this Sacrament that allowed me to receive the important healing that I mentioned above.
Yes, Jesus is alive! Our God is not a statue made by human hands, powerless to save anyone. He is real and alive, and His name is love! His name is “God saves”, Yeshua!
4. A great disciple of Christ, Father Kevin Scallon, left to join the Father on June 25th, during the 37th anniversary of Our Lady’s apparitions. Throughout his life as a priest, he tirelessly travelled the world to draw souls to God, especially to His Eucharistic presence. Endowed with inspired words and often the gift of healing, he frequently accompanied Sister Briege McKenna in her missions, thus saving a large number of priests, releasing them from all kinds of torments that the enemy can inflict upon “God’s Chosen ones”.
Father Kevin would stay with us for a few days almost every year in Medjugorje with Sr. Briege, counselling us and telling us stories. We loved him very much. To us he was a real father, radiating the face and the tender love of the Heavenly Father. One of our sisters said, “If I were to imagine the love of the Heavenly Father, I would compare him to Father Kevin’s heart.”
Here is one of the most beautiful stories from his life, which describes so well his special closeness to God:
5. Christmas Eve. While Father Kevin was driving to his nephew’s house to celebrate Christmas, his car broke down at 9pm. The car just would not start again but he was still an hour away from his nephew. It was Christmas Eve, and since he had left Dublin, he had not seen a single car or a living soul. In the glow of the moon, he saw a small house right in front of the place where the car was stuck. A light shone at the window. He decided to ask to use the phone to call his nephew. He opened the little white wooden fence, followed the path and knocked at the door, as there was no doorbell. A man looking rather young opened the door and greeted him warmly. Looking inside the house, he saw a young woman with a baby in her arms. She was holding the baby’s head against her cheek. She smiled at Father Kevin who asked her husband if he could make a call. The young man replied, “We do not have a telephone, but if you walk back to the city, there is a bicycle salesman to the right of the supermarket, he will let you use the phone.” “May I leave the car in front of your house?” asked Fr Kevin. “Of course, I will keep an eye on it,” replied the man. He thanked the couple and wished them a merry Christmas.
So, on this beautiful night, in the moonlight, Fr Kevin walked all the way to the city to the bicycle shop. On the way, he kept thinking about his meeting with the couple and their baby, especially with that strange smell in the house. It did not smell like Ireland. Why did it remind him of his recent trip to the Holy Land? And why was the house only lit by candles?
From the bicycle shop, Father Kevin was able to call his nephew who came to pick him up. The next day, they fixed the car with a local mechanic. When the work was done, Fr Kevin wanted to say hello to the young family living opposite, and walked to the little white wooden fence but he couldn’t find it. There was only a hedge, and farther on, just a field, and no house as far as the eye could see. On the return trip, his nephew kept talking. Father Kevin, meanwhile, remained silent. It was the feast of the Holy Family… Hadn’t he seen it with his own eyes?!
6. Mgr. Hoser arrived in Sarajevo on the 5th of July. He was able to meet several members of the local Church hierarchy, including Cardinal Pulic. He arrived in Medjugorje on the 6th. We are overjoyed by his blessed presence among us. Let us pray for him, and for the important task with which he has been entrusted by Pope Francis. May Our Lady and the Holy Spirit guide him!
7. After the summer break in July and August, the next Live Broadcast of my reflections on the message of the second of the month will be on September 3rd at 9pm.
The June 3rd broadcast can be found at: http://www.enfantsdemedjugorje.fr/medjugorje-direct-du-3-juin-2018/
The broadcast of 26 June is at http://www.enfantsdemedjugorje.fr/medjugorje-direct-du-26-juin-2018-2-2/
Dearest Gospa, the day of your Triumph is getting closer, and already we rejoice with you! Please give us the strength to live the time that remains in defiance against the enemy’s tricks, and help us shorten this difficult time by living your messages, especially with your dear “twin weapons” that are prayer and fasting with the heart!
Sister Emmanuel +
(Translated from French)
PS 1. All explanations about this Sacrament can be found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, §1499.
PS 2. The parish has just experienced a wonderful retreat for priests, with more than 300 priests coming from all over the world.
Priests! Do not forget this powerful message that Mary gave to encourage you:“Dear Children, once again, I invite you to pray for your shepherds. By their side, I will triumph!” (Oct 2, 2010).
PS 3. Since the Holy Father’s intention for this month is to pray for priests, here is a beautiful prayer that we can all offer to God:”God Almighty and eternal, by the merits of your Son Jesus and because of your love for Him, have mercy on the priests of the Holy Church. Despite their sublime dignity, they are weak and are like your other creatures. Deign in your infinite mercy to give them the fire of holy love and ignite their hearts. Please rescue them: do not let them fall or lose their vocation. O Jesus, we beseech you: have pity on the priests of your church, of those who serve you faithfully, take care of your flock and let them glorify you… Have pity on the priests who are persecuted, in prison, abandoned, burdened with suffering… Have pity on the priests who are lukewarm and those who waver in their faith… Have pity on the sick or moribund priests… Have pity on the priests who are in purgatory. Lord Jesus, we beg you, grant our prayers, have mercy on the priests, they are yours; deign to enlighten them, to fortify them, to comfort them!
O Jesus, we entrust to you the priests of the whole world, but please take special care of those priests who baptized and absolved me; of those who, for me, offered the Holy Sacrifice and consecrated the host to nourish my soul.
I entrust to you the priests who have dispelled my doubts, straightened my weaknesses, directed my efforts, and comforted my sorrows: For them all, in remembrance of these blessings I implore your help and your mercy. Amen.
Mgr. Kiung + Former bishop of Shanghai
PS4. “Truly Sister Emmanuel’s Best Work Yet!” The Second Printing is Here! Order Today! https://sremmanuel.org/product/scandalous-mercy-god-goes-beyond-boundaries/?utm_source=July+report+2018&utm_campaign=July+2018&utm_medium=email
PS 5. Our next missions, the fruit of which will depend a lot on your intercession: Asia in July, Spain in September, South America in November, Dubai in January, God willing!
PS 6. Come or send a young person to the most beautiful Youth Festival, from 1 to 6 August in Medjugorje!
PS 7. Follow the evening program of the parish of Medjugorje, translated into all languages. See the parish site at: http://www.centremedjugorje.org/
PS 8. At home, pray the Rosary on Apparition Hill with Sr. Emmanuel (in French)! She is waiting for you on our site, http://imedj.net/index.php/2016/02/29/chapelet-les-mysteres-douloureux-sur-la-colline/
PS9. Sign up to receive the ‘Monthly reports from Medjugorje’ by Sr. Emmanuel
You are no longer receiving the news? Is spam blocking our emails? Please add us to your “safe” list of contacts!