Sister Emmanuel recently released her December 2020 report about Medjugorje. She spread Our Lady messages to the world through her roman catholic missionary organization enfantsdemedjugorje.fr.
Medjugorje, December 16, 2020
My dear friends, praised be Jesus and Mary!
1. On November 25, 2020, visionary Marija Pavlović received the following message:
Dear children! This is a time of love, warmth, prayer and joy. Pray, little children, for little Jesus to be born in your hearts. Open your hearts to Jesus who gives Himself to each of you. God sent me to be joy and hope in this time, and I am saying to you: Without little Jesus you do not have the tenderness or the feeling of Heaven which is hidden in the Newborn.
Therefore, little children, work on yourselves. By reading the Sacred Scripture you will discover Jesus’ birth and joy, as in the first days which Medjugorje gave to humanity. History will be truth which, also today, is being repeated in you and around you. Work on and build peace through the Sacrament of Confession. Reconcile with God, little children, and you will see miracles around you. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
2. A child on the staircase! As we approach Christmas, I would like to tell you two stories about Child Jesus, because He often appeared in the lives of the Saints.
One day, Saint Teresa of Avila was on her way to the chapel in her Carmelite Convent of the Incarnation. As she was about to walk up the stairs, she looked up and saw, standing on the last step, a tiny little boy, radiantly beautiful. Taken aback in amazement, she stretched out her arms towards him without saying a word. She wondered how he could have gotten into this private part of the house. But it was the child Himself who asked her, “What is your name?”
– “My name is Teresa of Jesus! And you, dear little child, what is your name?” – “If you are Teresa of Jesus, then I am Jesus of Teresa!”
What a precious introduction! In these simple words of a child, He reveals to us a deeply moving feature of Jesus’ heart. He desires to make known to us so much more than just how close He is to us ‘physically’, He is pointing to the deep union of His Person with ours! From the moment of our Baptism, we belong to Him, and He too belongs to us! In fact, every one of us can happily add Jesus to our first name. Caroline of Jesus, Vincent of Jesus…. This intrinsic belonging, acquired at the Sacrament of Baptism, gives us access to all the treasures of grace hidden in the Newborn, including the tenderness and sense of Heaven, as told to us by the Blessed Mother. Today, more than ever, such power of healing is offered to us with this divine tenderness and warmth of Heaven! Who does not desire this priceless treasure, so rare, and yet within everyone’s reach!?
Little Newborn Jesus, Little Child, this Christmas, please come to me on the staircase of my life, that is too high for me, and allow me to take you in my arms, for you belong to me, and I too belong to you!
3. He came close to death! Our Italian friend David Saccani, travel agent and faithful pilgrimage leader in Medjugorje, came face to face with death this summer. His testimony illustrates the words of Jesus as entrusted to Don Dolindo of Naples, (See my November report https://sremmanuel.org/2020/11/25/newsletter-november-2020-by-sister-emmanuel-maillar/).
“On August 13, 2020, I was struck down by a severe stroke. But thanks to the quick reaction of my relatives, I was immediately taken to hospital. Then, given the seriousness of the situation, I was rushed to a center specializing in strokes, just 25 km from my home.
My condition was very bad, but I was fully conscious. Following a consultation and after informing my wife of the risks of an operation, the doctors decided emergency surgery was necessary. Even though I was conscious, I could not speak and it was impossible for me to express myself. I sat up on the operating table, raised my hands to attract attention, and invited those present to make a sign of the Cross with me (which may have made them a little uncomfortable). Since I could not speak, in my heart and with all my strength, I said to the Lord: “You take care of this, I trust in you!”From that moment on, everything miraculously changed: I was filled with an indescribable peace. This peace remained with me every day during my intensive therapy, and never left me!
At the time, I didn’t know who Don Dolindo was, much less his famous surrender prayer. Discovering it moved me beyond words. Now I am convinced that surrendering to the Lord in critical times is the only remedy against fear, anguish, pain, and above all loneliness. The Lord does not merely relieve our suffering at a difficult time, but uses our ‘cross’ to help us feel His Presence. I am a witness to the extraordinary gift of this prayer of trust, “Jesus, I surrender myself to you, take care of everything”, since I have experienced it. I believe everyone can live it, that’s why I chose to share it with you!”
4. St. Edith Stein (1891 – 1942), one of the 6 Patron Saints of Europe had a great affection for the Child Jesus and the mystery of the Incarnation. Her Jewish roots had already given her a deep sense of the Living and True God. On becoming a Catholic, she became fascinated by the person of Jesus, especially in the smallness of His childhood, and she devoted herself entirely to Him in the Carmel of the Child Jesus of Prague, in Cologne, Germany.
Before entering the Carmel, she attended midnight Mass in a church on Christmas Eve. After Mass, the church emptied, all lights went out, and the last door was closed. No-one had noticed the silent presence of a woman praying. The next morning, when the sacristan opened the church, she could not believe her eyes: Edith was standing there, in front of the crib, in the same position as the day before. The sacristan apologized for locking her in all night and asked if she was tired. But Edith replied, “How can one be tired on the night God became man?”
Arrested by the Gestapo as were so many Jews, Edith was first deported to the Westernburg camp and then transferred to Auschwitz. In one of those horrible ‘death trains’, which was to take her to the hell of Auschwitz (as if toward her last station), she managed to smuggle a little note to her community to reassure them about her fate, saying:”The beloved Child Jesus is also here, in our midst!”
Was the Child Jesus in the midst of these people condemned to an excruciating death? Yes…. He had not abandoned Edith, who had venerated Him with so much love for so many years. The Child God had given her a peace that is not of this world; that divine peace that Jesus speaks of in the Gospel, which only He gives us, and which the world cannot give us. Nothing and no one can take this peace away from us, not even all the Auschwitz’ of today’s world. Jesus Himself lays this peace in our hearts during prayer. Of course, I am not belittling some of the tranquility and security that the world sometimes gives, but this is only short lived, like the scent of flowers in a field! At the moment of the great passage from this life to the next, what is left of these worldly transient delights? The Prince of Peace, born in Bethlehem in a manger on a freezing cold night, is the One who offers us His peace, a peace that fills our heart, that captivates us on this earth and fills the elect with eternal happiness in Heaven.
This Christmas 2020, O Child Jesus, please come to warm up and encourage our poor, worried hearts! Come heal us from the wounds of fear and lack of love! Make us bearers of peace in this world without peace, which seeks peace where it is lost. Your Mother says to us, “Work for peace and build it through the sacrament of Confession.” You, Child Jesus, come and work with us for peace! Come and build it with us through our resolution to forgive others and in the Sacrament of Reconciliation! May all the evil that is within us and around us be crushed by your innocence!
Like Teresa of Avila, like Edith Stein and so many Saints, I in turn want to discover you, play with you, hold you against my heart, live constantly with you, fulfill your desires and let you transform me day after day! With you, little King of Glory, I want to seize the Kingdom of Heaven that belongs to children and those who resemble them.
5. A sign from Fr. Slavko? From 15 to 24 November, the parish prayed a novena for Father Slavko Barbaric culminating on the 20th anniversary of his departure to the Father. Barbara, an Italian woman who lives in Medjugorje, entrusted her father, who was suffering and badly declining in health due a stroke, to Fr. Slavko’s intercession. She herself had a breast tumor, but it was her father’s recovery that she was asking for. At the end of the novena, Barbara no longer had any tumor, much to the astonishment of her doctor. Not only that, her father had recovered too! Both are now doing well. Long live the help of the saints!
6. New! I have 2 new books coming out in English this month!
- “The Rosary: A Journey That Changes your Life” is already available, worldwide, to buy on Amazon. In this book we are taken on a journey with Our Lady through the mysteries of the Rosary. In addition to this, there are 10 new, never seen before mysteries, of compassion and mercy!
- “Spiritual Warfare, the Fast Lane to Union with God” will be available to buy on Amazon within the next few days…keep a look out for it! In this book, I aim to answer what so many people have been asking about: how to resist Satan and stay the course of prayer in the midst of so much spiritual confusion. “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” (Eph 6:12) This is a little booklet to help you pray and walk peacefully in the midst of the flames!
7. Don’t miss these videos!
- Devour the Book Which Tells the Truth! (27:44)With Sr. Emmanuel and her guest, Ralph Martin, NEW!(Don’t miss to walk in God’s Light in this time of confusion!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NdPrzUSbTw
- Stop, and Reflect on Your Future! (22:48) NEW! (An urgent appeal from Our Lady, as Eternity is at hand!)(22:48) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmGrKCSw0Qw
- I Had an Appointment with Death at 5 pm. Sr. Emmanuel’s Personal Testimony (37:00) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYAub2cJWas
You can find the full list of our videos on our website https://sremmanuel.org/video/
8. Our next live broadcast in French will be on December 26th at 9 p.m. The November 26th live broadcast can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbsmyCq2H2Y
Dearest Gospa, Mother of the Emmanuel, make this Christmas the most joyous of all Christmases! May our families receive from you your most precious treasure, your Child God, on this Day of Joy! May He remain within us and in our midst, for living without our Savior is out of the question!
Sister Emmanuel +
Community of the Beatitudes
(Translated from French)
PS 1. Renew your prayers, discover new litanies and pray them online! You will find several on our website at https://sremmanuel.org/video/
PS 2. Teresa of Avila (1515-1582) was the great reformer of the Order of Carmel and was declared a Doctor of the Church. She was the first woman to receive this title.
PS 3. The new Bishop of Mostar, Mgr Petar Palic, came to Medjugorje on December 8 to celebrate the Mass of the Immaculate Conception to a large congregation. The Mass was followed by a fraternal meal with Bishop. Hoser and the Franciscans, to the joy of all!
PS 4. Are you wondering what’s happening today in the Catholic Church? We strongly advice that you read Ralph Martin’s latest book:A Church in Crisis: Pathways Forwards”. Ralph offers a detailed look at the growing hostility to the Catholic Church and its teaching. With copious evidence he uncovers the forces working to undermine the Body of Christ and offers hope to those looking for clarity. https://www.amazon.fr/Church-Crisis-Pathways-Forward/dp/164585048X
PS 5. Please, consider reading and offering one of the best books ever:”In Sinu Jesu. When Heart Speaks to Heart”. E-book. Angelico Press 2016 4709 Briar Knoll Dr. Kettering OH 45429 -Angelicopress.com
PS 6. The parish evening program is on the winter schedule: Rosary prayer at 5 p.m., international mass at 6 p.m., followed with healing prayer and 3rd rosary at 7 p.m. On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, adoration before the Blessed Sacrament after Mass, so at 7 p.m., and on Friday evening, veneration of the Cross at 7 p.m. English translation. Click HERE
PS 7. During this time of restricted movement to other countries, some of you may want to read one (or more) of my books. They can be purchased from whichever continent you live on! If you would like to buy one for yourself or for a friend you can buy the paperback or e-book at the following links:
The Forgotten Power of Fasting: https://cutt.ly/gfOBlex
The Amazing Secret of Purgatory: https://cutt.ly/mfOBfv3
Maryam of Bethlehem: https://cutt.ly/xfOBvlC
Peace will have the last Word: https://cutt.ly/BfOBGWK
Scandalous Mercy: https://cutt.ly/6fOBLHx
Or if you live in Europe, use the following link: https://cutt.ly/GfOBBtZ
The Hidden Child of Medjugorje: https://cutt.ly/SfOB1ll
PS 8. Read and offer your friends books that feed their hearts, helping them to experience true peace! Our books available in English on our website: https://sremmanuel.org/product-category/books/
PS 9. Do you want to live the school of Our lady at Home? Get all our material from our website, CDs, DVDs, Books, talks….etc. https://sremmanuel.org/shop/
PS 10. Take a look at our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sr.emmanuelmaillard/?ref=settings
PS 11. Sister Emmanuel’s Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/enfants_de_medjugorje/
PS 12. Check out our YouTube presentations and our videos categorized by topics: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCveRmNCjId_yX6zkqz9VEbQ
PS 13. Our Lady is hoping to hear from you! Give joy to her heart, write to her your gratitude and your needs at “Queen of Peace”, BP 2157, F-06103 Nice Cedex, France. Your letter will be given to a visionary, and Mary will answer you in prayer.
PS 14. Download Sister’s MP3s today! Check them out here: https://sremmanuel.org/product-category/download/
PS 15. Good news for italian speakers!!! We now have a website www.suoremmanuel.it Don’t wait to look at it!
PS 16. Sign up to receive the ‘Monthly reports from Medjugorje by Sr. Emmanuel
- French (the original copy): email@example.com
- English: firstname.lastname@example.org
- German: email@example.com
- Italian: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish: email@example.com
- Flemish: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Croatian: email@example.com
- Portuguese: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chinese: email@example.com
- Arabic: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEW! Thai: email@example.com